Monday, February 20, 2012

My Killer Workout

Hey everyone,
It's been quite a while since I last posted on my physical progress.  Overall, I'm slowly but surely getting better on a muscular/endurance level.  Strangely, I've been more sore the last couple of weeks when I wake up in the morning.  As it was getting better and better after the New Year, I just assumed it would continue to improve to the point that I was no longer even noticing back pain.

Wrong.

These past couple of weeks I've been waking up in the morning feeling similarly stiff and sore to late November/early December.  That being said, I've been working out a bit in the morning since getting home from Africa.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  It doesn't seem like there would be a direct translation to a few minutes on the elyptical, but maybe there is.

Speaking of the elyptical......wow, am I out of shape.  Before my injury, I was in decent shape (for me).  I could hop on the elyptical and knock out 30 minutes on a pretty high level without thinking twice.  I'd fit it into my morning workout, and move along to some other weight-based exercises.

After getting home from Africa, I hopped onto the elyptical for 3 minutes and I was absolutely winded, and my legs were wobbling.  That's right, THREE MINUTES.  No, I didn't miss a zero there.  But oh, it must be on a high level, you think.  Yeah.  How about level none?  Is that a pretty high level?  You know, the level where you don't even plug the machine in at all.  Just hop on without any resistance at all....that level.  Yep, that's me....and I was totally out of breath after that one set of 180 seconds.

In the last two weeks, I've worked up to 5 minutes with less winding.  And yep, still on zero.  Wow, does it take the body a lot of time to recover.

Thankfully, I am slowly getting better...almost literally one step at a time.

From a nerve standpoint, I'm not seeing much improvement right now.....ever since my last blog post about it, I haven't had a noticeable difference.  I still get good nerve sensation now and again, which is great, but I'm not peeing freely yet, so to speak. 

Anyway, that's my new killer 3 minute work out.   

Thanks again for your prayer, and I'll update you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment